In summer of 2019, God clearly asked me to do a really scary thing, which was to leave my full-time job with no future job on the horizon. It was clear as day even though it didn’t make sense. The only explanation I had was that I was making that decision for God. That alone gave me courage to say “yes” and leave my job. Months passed and I was able to pour my heart into another passion of mine that I hadn’t had the capacity to fully invest in due to the pressures of my other job. But after a few months, even though I knew I was brought to that point by God, the pressure of not having another job really hit me. And it hit me hard. The struggle was that I felt like God was asking me to not get a job just for the sake of a job because He had different plans.
So as I waited, I remember driving one day and something stirred in my heart. I realized that God had positioned me in a way to pursue a dream I always had: starting my own business. It was a dream that I never thought would really happen and I also dream constantly so I just kept it in my bucket of dreams, but it was a dream nonetheless. However, that day in my car, I felt like God was showing me how beautifully he was setting me up to pursue that dream. He did all the ground work, so to turn my back on that gift felt disobedient and ungrateful. I wanted to say thank you and say yes to God, so in January I started a business: Harvest Studio. As I was setting it up, again God so clearly got a hold of my heart and challenged me with this thought: “if I’m giving you a platform to pursue your dreams and reach others, why wouldn’t you use that opportunity to tell people about me?” Again, it was clear as day that if I was going to do this, it wouldn’t be without declaring the name of Jesus and sharing that is the foundation of why I do what I do.
“Harvest” was a word that God put on my heart as I was praying over a name for the business. As things came together, 1 John 4:11 came on my heart: “Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love one another.” Thus, the hope behind the business became clearer. I desire to love others because of the love that Jesus poured out on me. As I show my love through the gifts God gave me (making artisan goods) I hope that love is inspired and in turn shared with others. Then, we can be the hands and feet of Jesus, one person at a time. I want Harvest Studio to model the giving and love that I hope others to pass on.
How We Pass On Love
- Through the LOVE and care put into every handmade item. We make each item like we are making it for family. You are our family! We care for you and pray for you as it is made and when it’s sent.
- By considering our words and actions in all communications with others. Whether you are a consumer, retailer, mentor or visitor, we want to show LOVE to everyone in the way we interact.
- By giving 10% of all profits to support missionaries who spread the LOVE of Jesus around the world.
How You Can Pass On Love
- By giving to others: show someone you’re thinking of them by writing a note, giving a gift, giving your time or even sharing kind words. When we give, we spread LOVE.
- When you buy from Harvest Studio, you help support LOVE shared worldwide as 10% of your purchase will be sent to support missionaries around the world!